REGISTER NOW FOR THE FEBRUARY 2024
MSGR. MCGREAD STEWARDSHIP CONFERENCE
FEB 28-29, 2024 — Wichita, Kansas
At the Diocese of Wichita’s Spiritual Life Center
EVENT BROCHURE ◊ ONLINE REGISTRATION
Time is running out to register for our next Msgr. McGread Stewardship Conference, and spots are filling up fast. Register today and join us February 28-29, 2024, at the Diocese of Wichita’s Spiritual Life Center.
Along with our lineup of dynamic conference presenters, we are honored and pleased to welcome Bishop Jim Golka of the Diocese of Colorado Springs as one of our featured presenters.
For the past 21 years, the McGread Conference has inspired and educated thousands of priests, religious, and lay Catholics, by sharing the remarkable stories of how developing the spirituality of stewardship has transformed parishes and impacted the lives of individual parishioners across the country.
- “Very inspiring. I am grateful to be here. There was value on many levels and I came away with a lot of takeaways.”
- “Practical message and steps to take. Stewardship is a way of life. The powerful talks brought me to tears.”
- “Every aspect of the conference was exceptional. The whole experience was remarkable!”
- “I received practical examples of what has worked in parishes — great presenters!”
- “Beautiful place for a conference — location was convenient and the hospitality was great. This was a great opportunity to connect with others and learn from their experiences, too. Very good and thought-provoking speakers.”
- “This was the best day-and-a-half I have spent in a long time. I feel renewed!”
- “The conference has helped me form my commitment to build stewardship at my parish. The commitment of others is contagious and helps me believe that this way of life is something everyone needs to know about.”
- “This is fantastic. Very well put together and amazing speakers who were all dynamic, engaging, and offered rich information. A very inspiring conference — I wish everyone could attend. Overall, a great experience.”
How a Typical Catholic Parish Became
an International Model
The late Msgr. Thomas McGread is often called the “Father of Stewardship.” At this one-of-a-kind conference, we share the remarkable story of how stewardship transformed Msgr. McGread’s parish — St. Francis of Assisi in Wichita — and how it has impacted other parishes across the country.
This conference, for both clergy and lay leaders, will provide a setting for you to discover how to teach your parishioners to become better Christian stewards. Come see where it all began.
Beginning in the 1960s, Msgr. McGread built one of the most vibrant parishes in the country by teaching parishioners how to use their personal gifts, or what he called “time, talent, and treasure.”
Msgr. McGread was influential in the drafting of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) pastoral letter, Stewardship: A Disciple’s Response, which adopted his terminology and theological vision. Msgr. McGread’s approach to stewardship was that it is a spiritual, biblically-based principle that begins with conversion of heart and translates into a lifestyle of service. His message was so compelling that he was invited to speak at parishes and dioceses across the country, and he also was the keynote speaker at several ICSC conferences. In addition, Msgr. McGread was a part of our team at Catholic Stewardship Consultants from 2002 up until his passing in April 2013.
While Msgr. McGread is no longer with us in body, he remains with us in spirit, and his stewardship message lives on. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to view one of his presentations via large-screen video.
February 2024 Conference Schedule
Wednesday, Feb. 28
Breakfast — 8:15 a.m.
Opening Prayer and Welcome — 9 a.m.
Morning Presentations — 9:15 to 11:15 a.m.
Mass — 11:30 a.m.
Lunch — 12:15 p.m.
Afternoon Presentations — 1:45 to 5 p.m.
Evening Prayer — 5:45 p.m.
Dinner — 6 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 29
Mass — 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast — 8:15 a.m.
Morning Presentations — 9 a.m.
Closing Prayer and Lunch — 12 p.m.
A Look at Our Conference Venue:
The Diocese of Wichita’s Spiritual Life Center
This is a modern retreat center where you can relax with no distractions. During your stay at the SLC, you will experience stewardship at work when spending time in a chapel reserved for quiet reflection and personal prayer, when simply viewing the beautiful flower gardens planted and tended by volunteers, or when being graciously served by volunteers and staff. They offer private bedrooms, individually climate-controlled, with private bathroom, shower and vanity, and no TVs or in-room wifi access (wifi is available in the lobby and conference rooms). There are comfortable lounge areas adjacent to all bedroom corridors offering a welcoming place to relax and engage in quiet fellowship with other retreat participants. There are 60 rooms that can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost is $65 per person per night for single occupancy, and $55 per person per night for double occupancy.
Spiritual Life Center • 7100 E. 45th St. N. • Wichita, KS 67226
316-744-0167 • email@example.com • www.slcwichita.org
The following hotels are not connected with the conference, but are within a few miles of the Spiritual Life Center: The Courtyard by Marriott (316-636-4600); TownePlace Suites by Marriott (316-631-3773); Hampton Inn (316-636-5594)
Please arrange your transportation to and from the conference. If you are flying into Wichita, car rental is suggested.